ADD A NEW USER
Get your coworker on board rather sooner than later. To add new users go to the Locations tab and click on the location's name you wish to add the new user to. Then go to the TEAM tab and click on the green button +Invite.
Please note that only Location Manager, Administrator, or Account Owner can add other users.
The basic information of name and email is required for the system to send the invite. The users will set their own passwords.
When you have more than one location, you can limit the user's role to a specific branch and within that branch determine the access level they have.
DELETE OR EDIT A USER
- To change your coworker's role, click on that user's name to get to the user detail page. Add/remove roles as needed in the left column using the "+" button.
- To delete a user, click on REMOVE USER ACCOUNT on the bottom left of the page.
Assigning the correct role to your worker is vital because each role serves a different purpose.
CLERK users can fully use the Service View and all of its features, but they have limited access to the rest of the dashboard:
- From the Overview tab, clerks can see the "Today" view and Daily Reports for any date
- From the Data Insights tab, clerks can view the History Log
LOCATION MANAGER users have the ability to configure the visitor flow and look at statistics.
- From the Overview tab, location managers can see Daily and Weekly reports for the locations they are assigned to
- From the Data Insights tab, location managers can view the history log and statistics (Visitor Volume, Location Performance, Team Performance)
- From the Locations tab, location managers have a wide variety of options to manage queue service and Qminder setup
ADMINISTRATOR users have all the capabilities of location managers. In addition, they can see Daily and Weekly reports for all locations. They can also add and remove locations and have access to the Account Setup and Billing settings.
OWNER user is like an administrator user but cannot be removed by any other user role.
Clerks and location managers are restricted to the specific locations they have been assigned to. Administrator and Owner users are not limited to any location and can switch between all of the available locations.