Your customers can line up by entering their name on the Qminder Sign-In iPad App. You can connect as many Sign-In iPads as you want. This is determined by your business arrangement.
More than one Sign-In iPad is recommended if:
- Your business area is big and has many entrances.
- Your business has heavy traffic (more than 300 customers a day) and expect busy hours.
- You are an event organizer, and you expect a number of guests to check-in in a short period of time.
- Make sure your iPad has iOS 9.0 or later. Download Qminder Sign-In App on the App Store, and open to see 4-digit pairing code.
2. Log into Qminder Dashboard. Make sure you have accessibility as Location Manager, Administrator or Owner. Go to the Locations tab and click on the location's name where you wish to add the iPad to.. On the next page choose iPad from the menu. Then click on Add iPad and then you can type in the 4 digit pairing code.
3. Your iPad is now connected. Now it's time to configure your iPad. Our iPad is available in 28 languages. You can include more than one language. When you have more than 2 languages enabled, a Label indicating the language preference (not system language) will be attached to the entry.
4. When you have more than one type of service, you can set up them as Line and your customers can choose the service they need when they self sign-in.
It is possible to include certain Lines on an iPad. This can be used to triage customers and direct them to a particular waiting area.
NB! If you have only one Line available, then customers will not be asked to select a Line.
5. Our iPad can help you to collect customers' names (or full name), phones, emails, ID. Only the name field is required. You can set the others as optional fields. Click Add Input to add more fields.
N.B. This is not to be confused with Input Fields. Input Fields are for employees to fill in for internal use. Learn more about Input Fields.
6. Our Sign-In iPad can be set to switch to Closed View at the end of your business hour. Click on Closed and type in your closing time.